Name of the Department : Information & Cultural Affairs
The Department of Information & Cultural Affairs is the nodal department for all information and public relation activities of the Government of West Bengal. It deals with Press, publicizes the government policies and creates awareness on various socio-economic and cultural issues amongst people. It also preserves the archaeological heritage of the state and promotes Art and Culture of Bengal. Films and Cable related issues are viewed with this department. It organizes the state ceremonies, festivals, melas and awards distinguished personalities as well as organizations for achieving excellence in the field of Literature, Art & Culture. Hospitality service to the visiting Indians and foreign dignitaries are extended with. This department also provides a variety of public welfare schemes / programmes to the different stakeholders.
Address : Nabanna 9th Floor, 325 Sarat Chatterjee Road, Mandirtala, Shibpur, Howrah-711102
Office Phone Number: 2253 5112
Activities/ Services Provided by the department :
- Lok Prasar Prakalpa related work.
- Media management related work including Press Accredited card services to the Accredited Journalists.
- Film directed related work as directed by the Director of Film, Dept. of I&CA.
- Archaeological related work as directed by the Director of Archaeology, Dept. of I&CA.
- Various cultural programmes as directed by the Director of Culture, Dept. of I&CA.
- Various Government awareness programme as directed by the Director of Information, Dept. of I&CA.
|Sl No.||Name of Scheme/ Service||Benefits under the scheme||How to apply (website to apply)|
|1.||Lok Prasar Prakalpa||Rs 1000/||As notified by the I & CA Department|