Name of the Department/Section :: Election Section
The Election section manages the various Parliamentary/Legislative Assembly election processes and co-ordinates the different functionalities of various sections and cells formed with the district administration during the election period.
Address : Office of the District Magistrate and District Election Officer,
Election Section, Temple Street, PO & Dist: Cooch Behar, PIN: 736101
Office Phone Number: 03582-227112
District Election Help Line No.: 1950
Activities/ Services Provided by the department/ Section :
- To keep control over the Electoral Registration Officer & his officials.
- Preparation & Revision of Photo Electoral Roll.
- Preparation of Voters Identity Cards as per instructions by Election Commission of India.
- Manages Election Processes after announcement by the Election Commission of India
- Department take different SVEEP initiative during Election and SRER period to aware the voters or citizens for enrolment,
- Correction in Photo Electoral Roll etc.