Tourism & Heritage
Name of the Department : Tourism Department
This section works for Development of Tourism at Cooch Behar district .Tourist Guide Training, Homestay, Pariyatan Sahayata Scheme, Incentive Scheme and Recognition of Tourism Service Providers of Cooch Behar.
Development Section O/O the District Magistrate, Sagar Dighi Campus, Cooch Behar
Office Phone Number:
Activities/ Services provided by the department :
- Providing Tourist guide Training in the district of Cooch Behar through block/municipality as per the guidance under State Authority.
- To promote homestay across west Bengal as an important driver of equitable growth and prosperity offering as alternative source of livelihood, development and growth in remote area.
- Pariyatan Sahayata Prakalpa as a relief scheme:- The objective of the scheme is to provide need based working capital assistance to units functioning in travel and tourism sector affected by Covid 19 outbreak. Providing three types of scheme :-
- Shishu-50,000(in this stage caters to the needs of entrepreneurs who are yet to start their business or whose enterprises are an early stage.
- Kishor:-50,001 -5,00,000 (in this stage helps the business person who have started their business but are in a need of funds to sustain it in the market.
- Tarun:-5,00,001-10,00,000(it is the highest level of scheme. These loan are meant for business owners who need to set up a large business or need fund to expand the enterprise.
Photo Gallery of Events/ Awareness Program
Department Website :https://wbtourism.gov.in
List of Department Publication (Annual reports/ Scheme Booklet/ Awareness Leaflet/ Posters/ etc