Transport Department works for economic development of the people by issuing the Registration of vehicles, permits, driving licences etc.
Address: M.V. Section, Office of the District Magistrate, Sagar Dighi Complex, Cooch Behar.
E-mail: rtocoochbehar[at]gmail[dot]com, rto-cbr[at]nic[dot]in
Office Phone Number: 03582-227125.
Activities/ Services provided by the department
- Issuance of Registration Certificate of Vehicles.
- Issuance of New Permit of the commercial vehicles.
- Issuance of Driving Licence and Conductor Licence.
- Termination & Addition of Hypothecation in Registration Certificate.
- Collection of M.V. Tax and Additional Tax of vehicles.
- Issuance of Trade Certificate for Auto Emission Testing Centres.
- Issuance of Trade Certificate for Motor Vehicle Dealer.
- Issuance of Trade Certificate for Motor Training School.
- Renewal of Registration, Permit, Auto Emission Testing Centres, Motor Vehicle Dealers, Motor Training School, Driving Licence and Conductor Licence etc.
- Issuance of fitness certificate for commercial vehicles.
|Sl No.||Name of Scheme/ Service||Benefits under the scheme||How to apply (website to apply)|
|1.||New Registration||Gets valid fitness certificate of vehicles and also establishment of transport business||Apply through Dealer’s end|
|2.||Renewal of Registration||Gets valid fitness certificate of vehicles and also establishment of transport business||Apply through office|
|3.||New Permit Application||Gets respective region, routes for plying of vehicles and also establishment of transport business||Apply through office|
|4.||New & Renewal of Driving Licence and Conductor Licence||Gets permission to ply respective class of vehicles and also establishment of transport business||
Apply through online website: www.parivahan.gov.in
|5.||Addition & Termination of Hypothecation||Gets loan and termination of loan from financer respectively||
Apply through online or office Website: www.parivahan.gov.in
|6.||Application of Trade Certificates for AETC, Dealer, MTS||Gets establishment through transport business||
Apply through online or office. Website: www.parivahan.gov.in
Photo Gallery of Events/ Awareness Program
Road Safety Awareness program has always been holding by giving training to the driving licence holders.
Department Website : www.parivahan.gov.in
List of Department Publication (Annual reports/ Scheme Booklet/ Awareness Leaflet/ Posters/ etc)