Name of the Department :
Department-Micro Small Medium Enterprise & Textile
Section- DIRECTORATE OF TEXTILES
HANDLOOM, SPINNING MILLS, SILK WEAVING & HANDLOOM BASED HANDICRAFTS DIVISION
Department of MSME & Textiles of the State Government acts as nodal office in framing policies and implementing various programmes/activities and plays a pivotal role for growth and development of MSME and Textiles sectors. The Department facilitates promotion and sustainability of MSME, Textiles, Handicraft, Handloom, Khadi and Village Industries in the State.
Handloom products of Bengal have a rich tradition. The heritage of our master weavers and artisans are now blended with new technological designs and threads to produce wide variety of products. As an economic trade & industrial activity, the handlooms occupy a place second only to agriculture in providing livelihood to the people. The Government of West Bengal has given emphasis for the Handloom & Textiles Sector with announcement of new textile policy and setting up of Commissionerate of Textiles for development, infrastructure support and also improves attraction for investment.
Activity and function of the department/Section:
- Old Age Pension for weavers under Joy Bangla
- Approval of loan through Weavers Credit Card
- Providing policy support facilitating growth and development of MSME&T sector in the State.
- Creating employment opportunities with special focus on Weavers community and economically weaker sections of the people.
- Strengthening participation of and support to SHGs and cooperatives in the production and marketing in micro enterprise sector with special focus on Handloom.
- Achieving integrated development Of Spinning, Handloom, Powerloom, Hosiery And Readymade Garments and Handloom based Handicrafts enterprises in the State.
- Promoting pooling of common services and functions (Common Facility Centre) under Cluster Development approach for the benefit of smaller players.
- Creating marketing infrastructure and support through setting up haats and facilitating participation of state’s MSME&T sector in fairs/expo/exhibitions.
- Preserving and reviving traditional and heritage products of the State.
- Introducing e- Governance initiatives for ease of doing business.
- Setting up of Rapier loom units through Incentive Scheme in MSME&T (in Powerloom)
|Sl No.||Name of Scheme/ Service||Benefits under the scheme|
|2||Tantisathi||Supply of looms and accessories|
|3||N.H.D.P.||Block cluster Development|
|4||Workshed upgradation||Construction of workshed|
|5||Link road||Construction of Road in weavers concentrated area|
|6||Incentive scheme in Powerloom||Setting up of new unit|